inspire+ Gala Dinner 2023: Celebrating 12 Years of Success and Building a Bright Future
On the evening of Thursday, 19th October 2023, inspire+ hosted a gala dinner at the stunning Harlaxton Manor. This event marked a significant milestone, celebrating 12 years of remarkable success while setting the stage for an even more promising future.
The gala blended commemoration and vision, honouring Inspire+’s partnerships while actively involving potential supporters. It showcased the charity’s past achievements, current initiatives, and ambitious plans for the future, all aimed at positively impacting the lives of children and young people.
Throughout the evening, representatives from local businesses had the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the charity’s work and explore various ways to offer their support, including participating in an exciting auction. The auction featured many exciting items, from VIP Royal Opera House tickets to a running vest signed by Sir Mo Farah.
At the event, Vincent Brittain, the CEO and founder of inspire+, shared a video that encapsulates the ‘why’ behind the charity’s mission to keep children healthy, happy and active. Feel free to rewatch the video below:
The event had the presence of sports celebrities, including Sam Ruddock, Para-Cycling World Champion; Jonathan Broom-Edwards, Paralympian High Jump Gold Medallist; and Dai Greene, Track and Field World Champion. Guiding the guests through this thrilling auction was none other than Colin Young, a renowned auctioneer frequently featured on the BBC’s Bargain Hunt.
In addition to the sporting stars, Professor Sir Jonathan Van-Tam delivered a passionate speech highlighting the importance of ensuring our children’s happiness, health, and active lifestyle.
The charity was also thrilled by the presence of the Royal Opera House, a key supporter of its mission, at the event. Please watch the video below to learn more about this ongoing partnership:
The outcome of this evening was nothing short of remarkable, with the charity raising over £11,000 to support their mission. Nevertheless, the charity’s CEO aimed to forge new partnerships with local businesses during the evening, ensuring children and young children stay healthy, happy, and active. Vincent Brittain eagerly anticipates the coming months as he initiates these relationships for the benefit of young individuals.
Given the great success of the event, the charity is already planning for next year’s event, and the date will be announced shortly.
1. A pair of tickets to see the legendary British comedian Peter Kay.
2. A pair of prime seats for a West End show in London including First Class train tickets for a round trip from Grantham to London.
3. Group road ride with Para-Cycling World Champion Sam Ruddock
4. Four tickets to Sheffield Steelers vs. Nottingham Panthers.
5. Leicester Tigers signed shirt of the Gallagher Premiership Rugby 21-22 title-winning team.
6. Steam experience day at Ropsley Heath Light Railway, Lincolnshire.
7. Bottle of House of Commons scotch whisky signed by the Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.
8. 1 to 1 Resilient mindset and performance lifestyle session with Paralympic Champion Jonathan Broom-Edwards MBE
9. Burghley House ‘Rooftop’ Tour – Group of 4.
10. Sir Mo Farah Signed Running Vest.
11. A week’s stay in Calet Ancolies Lodge in La Plagne, France for up to 19 guests.
12. Two ‘top-price’ tickets to a performance by the Royal Opera Ballet at the Royal Opera House including a private backstage tour and a pair of signed pointe shoes from a principal ballerina.